As the person responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of your buildings, you know that the roofing system is one of the greatest areas of concern. When you find you are nearing the end of your roof’s lifespan, it would be beneficial to consider the option of a restorative roof coating system as an alternative to a total tear-off and roof replacement.
Roof coating systems have come a long way over time and can economically and efficiently add years to your system without the hassle and mess of a total tear-off.
The Benefits of Coatings Over a Total Roof Tear-off and Replacement
Whether the roofing systems of your school facilities are EPDM, TPO, built-up, modified or metal, punctures, holes and weaknesses can occur at any time due to wind, rain, snow and the movement of maintenance personnel on the roof.
When your coverage is no longer adequate, you can start to experience water infiltration and a loss in heating and cooling insulation. Once simple repairs are no longer sufficient, you are left with two options: total roof replacement or the application of a roof coating system. Depending on the situation, a roof coating system could be the optimal solution. Coatings offer the following advantages:
- Affordability: The cost of applying a coating system over an existing system is significantly lower than installing a brand-new replacement.
- Speed: It takes a fraction of the time to apply a coating system to your roof than it does to perform a complete tear-off and replacement – and this option also eliminates the issue of waste and disposal of the old decking and roofing system.
- Durability: Our various coating options work equally well on flat and sloped school roofs. They provide a waterproof barrier that is resistant to leakage and water infiltration.
- Aesthetics: Roof coating systems come in a wide variety of colors and textures and can be matched to any existing system.
- Environmentally responsible: Coating systems help lower energy costs and are made with more waterborne solvents resulting in a reduced impact on the environment.
How to Select the Right Coating
We can quickly determine if your school roof is suitable for a coating system by performing an on-site inspection. We will provide a comprehensive report taking into account all aspects of your roof’s details, measurements and your district’s budgetary perimeters.
There is a wide range of coatings systems available, depending on your requirements. Once we have this information, we can help you choose the right system. Some popular options include:
- Acrylic: A highly-reflective, UV-resistant option that works well in most climates.
- Polyurethane: The most impact- and traffic-resistant type of system that is highly durable and able to handle ponding water well.
- Silicone: This system is extremely weather-resistant with almost no erosion.
Discover the Best Coating Option for Your School
To find out more about our wide range of roof coatings available for your school district, take a look at our roofing pages. You can also contact us online or give us a call. One of our team members will answer any questions you may have, and we will work with you to select the right roof coating system that fits your budget, requirements and expectations.